Twitter

Follow me on Twitter @RedfieldReading.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Agenda for Wednesday, November 5th and Thursday, November 6th

Agenda for Wednesday, November 5th and Thursday, November 6th

Reminder:
Friday, November 7th is the end of the first marking period.  All late work must be turned in ASAP! 

1.) Class Opener:

In your notebook, put the following saying in your own words, "Happiness is not having what you want.  It is wanting what you have."


2.) Class Brainstorm:
How does this apply to the story?  What evidence is there in the text?



3.) Based off the class brainstorm and your own ideas, write a paragraph that answers both: What does the quote mean?  How does the quote apply to the story? 
** USE EVIDENCE to support your answer.
Also, remember the paragraph rubric as shown below:

Paragraph Rubric

As I Write: (3 points each)


1.) I wrote a topic sentence that restated the question.   Yes or No

2.) I answered the question completely.                                        Yes or No

3.) I chose quote(s) from my sources to support my answer.        Yes or No

4.) I used a citation to show where my quote originated.    Yes or No

5.) I explained how the quote connects to my answer.            Yes or No

6.) I completed my ideas with a concluding sentence.                 Yes or No

7.) I checked my GUMS (grammar, usage, mechanics, and spelling).     Yes or No


                                                                                                            Grade: __________________/21

No comments:

Post a Comment